The RSS encourages fellows to participate in education outreach activities, such as:
- The RSS William Guy lecturer
- STEM Ambassadors: A UK-wide network linking people working in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) with schools and provides training and development
- I’m a scientist…. or I’m an engineer, get me out of here online competitions enabling young people in schools across the UK and Ireland to talk to people working in science and engineering
- Nuffield Research Placements: Summer placement scheme for secondary school students to undertake research in businesses and universities across the UK
- RI Masterclasses: Hands-on and interactive extra-curricular sessions in mathematics, engineering and computer science for young people across the UK
- School governors: Contributing to the success of schools through governance and oversight.
- RSS Hands-on statistics are ready-made resources for engaging young people in statistics activities.
- RSS Career development section is for upper secondary school students to explore careers in statistics
- Gapminder has a wealth of resources for teaching and demonstrating statistics in the real world.
Suggestions of further working groups to develop materials are welcome. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Books and journals on teaching statistics
Other societies for the promotion of teaching statistics
Conferences and meetings
RSS e-Teacher membership and Teaching Statistics special interest group
We offer free online e-Teacher membership for school teachers, to help you be involved with our work and stay in touch with the statistical and data community. You can also join our Teaching Statistics special interest group. Find out more and join today.