Covid-19 Task Force
Daniela de Angelis
Sylvia Richardson (chair)
David Spiegelhalter (chair)
Formed in April 2020, our Covid-19 Task Force is co-chaired by RSS president Sylvia Richardson and past president David Spiegelhalter and supported by a steering group. It engages a network of members who are active on Covid-19 and expert in diverse aspects of applied probability and statistics.
A key aim of the task force is to ensure that the RSS can contribute its collective expertise to UK national and devolved governments and public bodies, regarding statistical issues during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Supporting the production of evidence-based analyses
- Emphasising the importance of fundamental statistical principles and best statistical practice in relation to the analysis of observational data
- Contribute to the design of future data collection
- Engaging in increasing public understanding of statistical issues linked to the Covid-19 pandemic and its economic impact.
- Coordinating policy responses to Covid-related inquiries or calls for evidence.
Read more about our work on Covid-19, or search our policy documents.
You can contact the task force by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.