Data Analyst is a registered form of professional membership status that provides formal recognition of a member’s statistical training and work-based experience at entry level. Holders are considered to be registered as RSS Data Analysts.
You may be eligible for the RSS registered Data Analyst award if you meet all of the criteria listed below and in the notes for guidance (PDF).
- You have successfully completed an RSS Quality Marked course or a course that meet this standard (more information below).
- You have at least one years’ work experience within a statistical role
- You are able to supply evidence of 30 hours of continued professional development (CPD) in the last 12 months.
How to become an RSS Data Analyst
If you are not already an RSS member you need to join as a fellow and then upgrade your membership in MyRSS.
To fulfil the requirements for Data Analyst, an individual must have undertaken either an RSS Quality Marked training or equivalent course whose contents cover one or more of the topics below:
- Frequentist and Bayesian methods for conducting data analyses
- Their logical foundations, including relevant probability theory
- The principles of systematic data collection, management and curation.
Candidates must be aware of the implications of their work for the rights of individuals, are trustworthy, maintain the highest ethical standards and work for the public good.