The Royal Statistical Society is looking for new trustees to serve on its Council from 1 January 2023.
We are keen to receive members' suggestions of people who would make effective Council members, and to hear from those who would like to put themselves forward. Please contact Jo Fishwell by 12 December 2021. Nominations should be accompanied by a short account of the individual's areas of expertise, and how they might contribute to Council.
The RSS Council is the Society's board of trustees, and needs members who are:
- Committed to providing effective and constructive oversight of the Society's finances, fundraising and risk management processes
- Available to serve for a four-year term
- Able to attend three Council meetings per year, and to take on another role, such as Council representative to a section
We particularly encourage nominations which might help improve the representation of the following groups:
- Members of the black and minority ethnic community
- Those employed in the private sector
- Fellows working in or with the media, with fundraising experience, and with strong external networks.
At the end of the 2022 session, four Members will retire from Council having served their four-year term:
- Mario Cortina Borja
- Claire Miller
- Tom Smith
- Deirdre Toher
In addition, we will need to fill a casual vacancy which has arisen due to an ordinary member of Council being co-opted to serve as an Honorary Officer. Next spring, Council will nominate seven candidates to participate in a contested election to fill these five vacancies. After this, there will be an opportunity for any four fellows to formally nominate another fellow for election. More information on how to do this will be communicated in due course.
Read more about RSS Council