The Royal Statistical Society (RSS) is looking for volunteers to join an editorial board that will help shape the development of a new data science content platform. The new platform aims to support, inform and inspire all those studying and working in the exciting, fast-developing field of data science.
Editorial board members will work with the RSS Head of Data Science Platform to:
- Develop and agree an editorial strategy, content plan, and website specification.
- Source content ideas and contributors for the platform.
- Write and commission content.
- Review contributed content to maintain high standards of quality, readability, and usability.
- Act as an ambassador for the platform by promoting published content and introducing the platform to new audiences of users and contributors.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Expertise and experience of working in an area of data science.
- An understanding of the needs of data science students, teachers, practitioners, or leaders.
- Interest in, and experience of, presenting and explaining data science ideas, tools, practices and processes to diverse audiences.
To find out more about this volunteer role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply to join the editorial board, please send a CV and a covering letter (containing a brief biographic sketch and a statement about why you are interested in the role) to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 30 June 2022.
The data science platform project was initiated by the RSS Data Science Task Force, which was set up to investigate how the RSS can deepen and extend its impact on the field of data science, and its offering to fellows who work as data scientists.