RSS celebrates its 2021 Members’ Week on 18-22 October.
Throughout the week, we’ll be sharing stories about our members, holding events to help our members progress their career in statistics, and showing the numerous ways in which members can meet up with other members and get involved in the Society’s work.
But first, we’d like to share some key statistics about the RSS membership.
Types of members
- 25% of RSS members live outside the UK
- There are currently more than 10,000 RSS members in 120 countries worldwide
- After the UK, the USA has the highest number of RSS members (408), India has the 3rd highest (254), closely followed by Nigeria (219)*.
- Anyone can join the RSS as a fellow – you don’t have to be a statistician. However, many of our members choose to become a professional member to develop their career in statistics
- RSS membership is for life – our youngest member is 13 and our oldest member is over 100
- Nearly 2,500 students at university or college have taken up free e-Student RSS membership
- Our membership currently comprises 4773 fellows, 972 CStats (Chartered Statisticians) and 669 GradStats (Graduate Statisticians)*
- So far, 7 RSS members (and counting) have qualified for our newest Data Analyst member category (launched in May)*
Find out more about the events we’re holding during Members’ Week
and follow the conversation on Twitter at #RSSMembersWeek
*Correct as of 12 October 2021.