After exploring all of the available options for RSS 2020, due to take place in Bournemouth this September, the RSS Conference board has decided to move the conference to an online format.
RSS 2020 will take place during the week beginning 7 September. The online format will build on the conference's previously planned programme and invited topic sessions, including the professional development stream.
The following keynote speakers are confirmed for the online programme, with more to be announced:
- Sir Ian Diamond (UK National Statistician)
- Kerrie Mengersen (Queensland University of Technology) - Campion (President's Invited) Lecturer
- Byron Morgan (University of Kent) – Barnett Lecturer
- Angela Saini (science journalist and author) - Significance Lecturer
- Mark Girolami (University of Cambridge)
As always, the conference will continue to provide an opportunity to share knowledge and expertise across statistics, and the organisers are working hard putting together the new programme, which will be published in due course.
‘I am very much looking forward to the conference in its new format and hope that you will still be able to join us,’ said Deborah Ashby in a recent email to RSS fellows.
Further information, including registration details, will be announced shortly.