In its role as national centre for data science and AI, The Alan Turing Institute is convening a public conference followed by a series of closed workshop sessions to assess the response of the UK's data science and AI community to COVID-19.
Full details here
This one day conference will explore the lessons learned during the COVID-19 pandemic. The event will be for researchers and policymakers to share best practice and work together to understand how the UK AI and data science research community can be better positioned to respond to major crises in the future.
This is an opportunity to hear from some of the country's leading voices in the UK's response to COVID-19 and ask the questions at the forefront of everyone's minds. The conference will include keynote talks suitable for a general audience and some more technical talks suitable for an academic audience.
- Professor David Spiegelhalter - Professor and Chair, Winton Centre for Risk and Evidence Communication at the University of Cambridge
- Professor Devi Sridhar - Professor and Chair of Global Public Health at the University of Edinburgh
- Professor Neil Lawrence- Senior AI Fellow
- Associate Professor Adam Kucharski - Associate Professor and Sir Henry Dale Fellow at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Maxine Mackintosh - Research Associate
- Professor Christina Pagel - Professor of Operational Research at UCL