Senior Statistical Analyst
Salary: £40,175, London £43,432
Location: London, South-end, Stratford, Croydon, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Flexible working; full-time; job share; part-time
Do you have the passion, values and experience to make a real difference to solving the UK`s biggest issues?
Now is an exciting time to join the Government Statistical Group (GSG) as a professional statistician. At HMRC, you would do meaningful analytical work that influences decisions which affect every individual and business in the country. We offer genuinely flexible working conditions to support our diverse workforce. You would also benefit from professional development opportunities to further your career.
Our teams work on topics including:
- estimating the cost of policy changes for the Chancellor’s Budgets
- building statistical learning models to understand taxpayer compliance
- publishing trusted statistics on key Brexit and COVID indicators
In your role, you will have access to some of the richest data sources available in the UK and work collaboratively across teams and government departments to produce high quality analysis.
There is no requirement to have prior experience or knowledge of tax and we welcome candidates pursuing a career change. These roles do not normally involve line management, though you will have opportunities to mentor and upskill junior analysts in your team.
You will work on a breadth of projects that will require you to:
• build new data solutions through the manipulation of multiple data sources to meet customer needs
• proactively engage with our customers to share analytical results, taking data limitations into account
• build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to influence decision making
• manage projects across multiple workstreams - delivering and championing robust project management and quality assurance
• think creatively and innovatively to help us test and develop new ideas and analytical techniques
• support the development and upskilling of junior analysts
You will have flexibility to take on work that suits your interests, technical skills, and/or development goals. No two projects are the same, and we expect you to be adaptable and innovative in your approaches. We will offer a range of roles to successful candidates and work with you to allocate a rewarding role to you. We are looking to make up to 20 appointments.
For inquiries, please contact Dr Maeve McMahon (Deputy Head of Profession for Statistics at HMRC): email@example.com
We expect interviews to take place w/c 17 February. All interviews will take place virtually.
Closing date: 28 January 2022