Does supporting world-class research and improving lives of patients excite you? Our dynamic and internationally recognised research company Observation & Pragmatic Research Institute, (OPRI) is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic member for our statistics team. The role can be based in one of our Singapore, Cambridge or Brisbane offices. For experienced individuals, remote working may also be considered.
The successful candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team consisting of researchers, epidemiologists, medical experts, medical writers and other statisticians. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with large-scale electronic health record databases, patient registries and conduct pragmatic clinical studies across a range of therapeutic areas.
- Provide statistical input to research proposals and protocols for academic and commercial clients, tasks including:
- Study design
- Sample size and power calculations
- Plan and conduct statistical analysis
- Statistical methodology
- Act as the lead statistician on assigned research projects undertaking tasks including:
- Develop data cleaning processes and imputation strategy as required.
- Conduct or supervise exploratory data analysis of datasets and baseline variables.
- Conduct statistical analyses of study outcomes and assist in the interpretation of results.
- Contribute to the final statistical analysis report (including production of summary tables and figures).
- Contribute to journal publications and conference abstracts and posters.
- Carry out quality tasks for other research team members.
- Mentor junior researchers
- A first or post-graduate degree in statistics or equivalent subject.
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in medical statistics
- Excellent statistical modelling skills and the ability to interpret analysis results
- Sound IT skills and programming experience using statistics software such as STATA, SAS or R
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with epidemiological studies or health care databases
- Experience in designing and conducting analysis for randomised controlled trials
- Evidence of peer reviewed publications
- Some knowledge of health economics
About Observational Pragmatic Research Institute (OPRI)
At OPRI we focus on improving disease management and patient outcomes by undertaking the highest quality observational and pragmatic clinical research. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make a difference. By collaborating with world-renowned clinical, academic and industry partners OPRI has published over 200 papers and is considered a dynamic and progressive company at the forefront of advances in global healthcare.
Contract and Salary
Part-time and full-time roles are considered.
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and your experience.
Immediate start is available.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates will be required to undertake a remote skills test prior to interview. We look forward to hearing from you.