Clinical Trials: The opportunity to combine an exciting professional career with excellent quality of life in the Cairngorms National Park area of Scotland. Due to the impending retirement of our founder, we are seeking to appoint an Executive Director to head this small but dynamic not-for-profit organisation engaged in the design, management and analysis of clinical trials.
Location: Kincraig, Cairngorms National Park
Salary: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
Hours: Full time
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Frontier Science (Scotland) Ltd (FSS) is a not-for-profit organisation recognised as a Scottish Charity, Founded in 2001. FSS is an Affiliate of Frontier Science and Technology Research Foundation Inc (FSTRF), a not-for-profit Foundation with three offices in the United States (Boston, MA; Amherst, NY and Madison, WI). There is a second Affiliate office in Athens, Greece. All Frontier Science offices work in clinical trials, with FSS involved in several large international breast cancer trials as its current primary area of activity. More details about the organisation and projects can be found at www.frontierscience.co.uk.
Overview of Position
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to assume operational responsibility for all aspects of this successful organisation. The candidate will head a team of experienced statisticians, programmers, project managers, data managers, quality assurance and business support staff to ensure ongoing success with existing projects. They will be expected to develop and deliver a vision and a plan for the organisation, nurture existing relationships and establish new collaborations for the future. The successful candidate will likely have a clinical or statistical background and would work closely with and be supported by the existing Senior Management Team. The Executive Director will be responsible for taking strategic and operational decisions which will inform the future direction and success of the organisation, working with existing and new partners in research. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Trustees/ Directors of the organisation.
- University degree
- Extensive knowledge of clinical research, particularly in clinical trials, and practical experience in at least one area essential to the conduct of trials
- Several years of experience at a senior level including project management, supervision and mentoring
- Record of success with funding submissions and experience with budget management
- Ability for decision making at a strategic level
- Ability to develop and deliver a vision and plan for the future of the organisation
- Publication record in a relevant field
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to identify and engage with potential new partners and proven track record of collaboration
- Research Committee experience at a national/ international level
- National/ international recognition/ exposure in clinical trials
- Experience working with industry
- UK/ EU/ US regulatory requirements knowledge
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance, fitness club reimbursement, bike to work scheme, tuition reimbursement
- Office located in an idyllic area of outstanding beauty
- Flexible and responsive work environment
National and international travel will be required. The position is probationary for 6 months. Additional details of the organisation and of the position can be found here: www.frontierscience.co.uk/job-vacancies/.
Start date is negotiable. Applicants should apply by submitting their current CV and a covering letter. If there are any questions or you would like to discuss the position further with the retiring Managing Director, please contact email@example.com or call 01540 651 000. FSS reserves the right to fill the position at any time.