Director of Impact
The Education Endowment Foundation (The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) is an independent charity dedicated to breaking the link between family income and educational achievement.
We do this by summarising the best available evidence in plain language for busy, time-poor teachers and senior leaders, generating new evidence of ‘what works’, and what doesn’t work to improve teaching and learning, and supporting teachers and senior leaders across the country to use this evidence to achieve the maximum possible benefit for children and young people.
As the Director of Impact, you will be responsible for integrating and overseeing the EEF’s impact and mobilisation activities.
The Director of Imapct is a key member of the EEF’s executive leadership team, and is responsible for oversight of the Communications Team, Policy Team, the Synthesis Team, and the Dissemination & Impact team.
The Director of Impact will be responsible for developing, integrating and delivering the majority of the EEF’s work to achieve sector impact, in supporting educational improvement and narrowing the gap for social disadvantage.
The Director of Impact will, in partnership with the CEO and Heads of teams, hold and foster key relationships with sector leaders, including school and system leaders, policy makers, and global leaders in evidence synthesis and knowledge mobilisation.
To join us as a Director of Impact, you will need:
What you can expect from us
- Deep knowledge of the education sector and a demonstrated commitment to the aims of the EEF
- An ability to articulate complex ideas in a way that is readily understandable both to specialists and non-specialists;
- Deep experience and understanding of work in schools (ideally from a position of practice, leadership or governance)
- Close understanding of evidence synthesis and the ability to quality assure and contribute to the products developed by teams in the Impact portfolio
- Proven strategic leadership experience, and an ability to drive impact across a range of approaches
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate high performing teams working in a complex environment
- Deep understanding of education policy, and policymaking processes, and demonstrable experience in creating constructive policy recommendations
- Understanding of digital communications and media functions
How to Apply
- Salary of c£70k+ per annum D.O.E
- Flexible start and end working times (core hours between 10am and 4pm)
- 27 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Pension matched with a 5% employer contribution
- Life insurance cover
- Interest-free season ticket loan and cycle scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay (conditions apply)
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please head over to our online recruitment portan to download the recruitment pack and submit your application: https://bit.ly/3dFT7Rv
Application Open: 23 April 2021
Application: Close: 23 May 2021
Stage Interviews: w/c 31 May 2021
Stage Interviews: w/c 7 June 2021
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time-frame.
The EEF is committed to create a workforce that is diverse, promotes inclusion and supports everyone to progress and achieve, regardless of background characteristics.
To assist us in understanding how we are progressing to meet these aims and to identify areas for further focus, we are seeking your support to collect information to produce and monitor equal opportunities aggregate statistics.
As part of the application, you’ll be invited to complete an Equal Opportunities section. Completing the form is not mandatory and will not affect or be linked to your application.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF). If you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com