About the Role
We’re looking for Data Scientists with a range of experience to join our Data Science & Analytics team at Autotrader.
You’ll work closely with other members of the Data team and the wider company to help take data-driven products all the way from design to deployment. Your innovation will solve complex problems, such as how we evolve our platform towards online transactions and digital retailing, and how we can improve the experience of our consumers through personalisation, experimentation, and targeted advertising.
Data Scientists form part of a wider data community of Data Analysts, Digital Analysts and Data Engineers. They work with this core group to evolve our data platform, build data products and productionised machine learning models.
Our Data Scientists also ensure rigour through our peer-review process, share solutions and also provide mentorship to colleagues. They are encouraged to spot opportunities for data science and be proactive in learning and finding solutions.
As a Data Scientist you will understand not only the data, but where the data has come from. You will work with cutting-edge data technologies such as Databricks, AWS, Google Cloud, Looker, DBT and Snowplow to solve problems that have a real tangible impact on our customers' operations, our consumers' experience and Auto Trader’s success.
What we're looking for
We’re looking to speak to candidates with varying ranges of experience. To apply you will need to have:
More experienced candidates may have:
- A degree in a field relevant to Data Science
- Experience in an analytical role, either in a commercial or academic environment
- Demonstratable experience analysing data with a programming language; this could be Python, R, or similar
- Knowledge of multiple data science methodologies
Benefits and more
- Experience delivering complex Data Science projects, with self-motivation to drive projects forward
- Experience in the application of statistical modelling and/or machine learning techniques in a commercial environment
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
We're offering a salary of up to £80,000 dependent on experience, and a flexible benefits package to support your health and well-being. You'll have 28 days holiday per year, and that's in addition to bank holidays and half day closures on Christmas and New Year's Eve. Our Aviva pension scheme offers between 5% to 7% employer contributions depending on the percentage you choose to contribute, and we provide Bupa healthcare cover for all our employees.